Did you know?
- That the traces of holy cave of Mata Vaishnodevi are believed to be a million years old.
- That Devi Vaishnavi was born to a devotee named Ratnakar in the southern part of India.
- That Devi Vaishnavi in human form rigorously meditated to achieve supreme consciousness and chose Trikuta Hills as her abode.
- That Devi Vaishnavi left human form and assumed the face of rock therefore immersing herself into meditation for ever.
- That the three heads referred to as “Pindis” emanate from a single rock (five and a half feet tall), yet are different in texture and colour from one another.
- That The Goddess emerged on earth to uphold righteousness and help destitute and poor get rid of their sufferings.
- That the oldest reference of the visit of a historical figure to the Holy Cave is that of Guru Gobind Singh who is said to have gone there via Purmandal.